Having problems using Discover Music on your Apple (iOS) device?
Most issues can easily be resolved by checking the following:
- Are you using a compatible iOS device?
- iPhone X (2017)
- iPhone 8 Plus (2017)
- iPhone 8 (2017)
- iPhone 7 Plus (2016)
- iPhone 7 (2016)
- iPhone SE (2016)
- iPhone 6s Plus (2015)
- iPhone 6s (2015)
- iPhone 6 Plus (2014)
- iPhone 6 (2014)
- iPhone 5s (2013)
- iPhone 5c (2013)
- iPad Pro 9.7" (2016)
- iPad Pro 10.5" (2017)
- iPad Pro 12.9" (2015)
- iPad Air 2 (2014)
- iPad Air (2013)
- iPad Mini 4 (2015)
- iPad Mini 3 (2014)
- iPad Mini 2 (2013)
- iPad Mini (2012)
- iPad 4 (2012)
- iPad 3 (2012)
- iPad 2 (2011)
- iPod Touch - Gen 6 (2015)
- iPod Touch - Gen 5 (2012)
- Is your iOS device connected to the internet?
Try disconnecting and re-connecting to Wi-Fi, in case your Wi-Fi connection has become stale. Then open a browser and perform a
search to confirm you have internet access.
- Are you running the very latest version of the Discover Music app?
Check Apple's App Store and install any updates (if available).
- Is your devices' GPS/Location Services enabled?
Within the Settings app, navigate to:
Settings > Privacy > Location Services and ensure it is switched On.
- Are your devices' GPS/Location Services working?
The easiest way to confirm this is to open the Google Maps app and check that, when you select the crosshair, it zooms in and accurately locates
you at your location. Then close the Google Maps app and re-open the Discover Music app. Does this now work?
- Have you allowed the Discover Music app access to your device location?
On first launch, the app will ask to be Allowed access to the device. Please check:
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Discover Music
and select While Using the App.
- Is your device up-to-date with its latest software update installed?
Install any pending software updates for your device from:
Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.
- Is Flight mode disabled?
Ensure that Airplane Mode has been turned off:
Settings > Airplane Mode and ensure it is switched Off.
Still not resolved your problems after troubleshooting? Report your problem to our technical team and we will be in touch to get you up and working.